Tuesday 24 March 2015

All We Hear Is Radio Ga-Ga

I'm thinking - and, I know, this a dangerous moment in world events, me thinking - but I am you know. Well I think I am thinking therefore I must be thinking.

Bloody hell I'm starting to sound like Keirkegaard!! Who he? ;-)

Anyway. Many moons ago I was an internet radio DJ. Oh yes I was!

I started out on this slightly bizarre endeavour on something called 'Destiny Pirate Radio'. This station was based in the States - or, at least, the software you needed to broadcast on it was sent from the States.

I had a great time playing music I like and, oddly, I got lots of listeners. Well, when I say 'lots' I don't mean 'lots' as in Absolute Radio or even Radio 1. I got lot's as in a few now and then.

I also, being a mouthy old git, started spouting off my views from time to time. This seemed to increase the listener base probably because somebody told somebody who told somebody else that this demented English bloke was mouthing off over the internet in between playing music and, sooner or later, he was likely to be assassinated on air if he didn't shut up.

After somebody at Destiny received death threats from some Christian fundementalists or, if you prefer, mentalists, they requested that I depart from their company before they got 9/11'nd - or something like that.

I then wandered onto a radio station called, at the time, Scooter Forums Radio. It then became SFR.

It was great fun until some other DJ who happened to be Muslim - and lived in Canada - got upset when I took the piss out of Islam.

The fact I took the piss out of all religions and many many other things - including myself - didn't seem to compute and the boss sent me an e-mail asking me to desist.

I responded with "I quit" and the boss said "Ok then" - er....oops?

I fell out with the boss for a while - and he really should have talked me into staying as I like my ego being massaged - but stopped falling out with him because he's like my baby bro and I love him to bits (in a manly way I hasten to add).

Anyway. As I said. I've been thinking.

I'm going to start up my own internet radio station. I know how - well, I think I know how. I think I'll set it up to play music on a 24 hour loop with the odd advertised live show featuring me.

If I do - and, as I've thought about it I well might but, then again, I've thought about shagging Kylie Minogue and that hasn't happened, so don't hold your breath eh? - it will be called 'The Drunk Punk Live And Unleashed' which, I would have thought, gives you a half way decent idea of what is likely to happen doesn't it?

I mean to say, when I got in trouble at SFR my show was called 'The Drunk Punk Show' so quite how the Muslim bird thought she'd be listening to Mary bloody Poppins with a show name like that is quite beyond me.

Anyway. There you go. If I do actually do it - that's the radio DJ stuff not shag Kylie Minogue - you will be the first to know.

Well, you won't of course, I'll be the first to know but you'll be a close second!







5 comments:

  1. Nice to see that you are still around !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what my Doc says when ever he says me ;-)

      Delete
  2. My daughter and her boyfriend were somewhat bemused by my rendition of Anarchy and Pretty Vacant the other day... Kids today... where's the passion for revolutionary music? Hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol used to think I was singing (badly) nursery rhymes to Jacqui when she was a baby until she heard me over the baby monitor giving a rousing rendition of Anarchy In The UK.... Strange to think my daughter grew up so damn normal! ;-)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete